IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME VISITING THIS SITE, I RECOMMEND THAT YOU START READING HERE:

Who wants this site shut down?

Recently someone was under oath in court in Mwanza, Tanzania and was instructed to name the author of this blog. They disclosed my identity and were then asked to tell me to shut down the blog or at least stop posting things. I obviously am not willing to stop informing people about the illegal, immoral and abusive behaviour of the board of directors of Hisani Centre for Women's and Children's Rights and any police, social worker or government official that has been bribed, threatened or coerced into allowing this blatant child abuse to continue. I would like to state, however, that I highly respect the legal system and country of the United Republic of Tanzania and if anyone officially asks me to help to make the proceedings more fair by shutting down this site I would probably comply. If you are in such a person you can reach me by sending an email to the following address : therealhisani@gmail.com.

Photo evidence of child abuse

Photo evidence of child abuse
These scars were inflicted by fred using an electrical wire. The crime? Wetting the Bed.

Monday, February 28, 2011

First posted photos of scars from brutal beatings

A teenage boy who is now in my care gave me a tour of the scars on his body. Life here is tough for everyone, but worse for kids who live through the abuse at Hisani. He has many scars from manual labour from his home and from Hisani but the chilling ones are on his back.



Frednand's punishment for wetting the bed is being whipped by an electrical cord. A child is forced to strip naked in front of front of his peers (boys and girls mixed) and another child is made to inflict the beating.



Most of the scars are raised. Apparently the frayed edges of the wire would get embedded in the skin, making it take a long time to heal.





Other infractions which require the same punishment:

-Speaking Swahili (Over the years this rule has fluctuated)

-Playing football at school (Football is only allowed on Saturdays)

-Eating fruit from the trees on Hisani grounds without permission

-Hugging volunteers

-Giving information about your past to volunteers





2 comments:

  1. This site should be public. people who wish to volunteer will hopefully do research and come across this vital information. i had done research in 2006 - '07 when i was with Watoto wa Africa. i had read such bad things online about Fred that i had decided that i didn't want to involve myself with such an evil and corrupt man.

    The best disinfectant for cockroaches is sunlight. shine the light on that corrupt cockroach and he will scurry into the darkness.

    regards,
    a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am supposed to go next month and now I am just finding this. I am concerned as this place came recommended by friends from Italy. Are their practices still the same?

    ReplyDelete

Followers